Pages

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Sew much to learn...






My latest "hobby" the last few years has been to learn how to sew. What I love most about it is that it accommodates my short attention span and provides countless opportunities for me to try new projects. I am self taught therefore how I sew is probably incorrect in many ways yet it "seams" (pun for my mom!) to work for me. Awhile back I checked out a great book from the library that had some simple quilts patterns and well written instructions showing how to piece the pieces together. I modified this one pattern to fit my interests and the result is my first quilt project. I call it the Pink Baby Blanket. Since I have a lot of scrap fabric (mostly with pink in it) this project was a great way to use up some of these pieces rather than throw them out or let them continue to collect dust. Here is a picture of my finished project. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out and hope to try something like it again in the future.

No comments: